Thursday, April 3, 2014

Half Way

Five days ago we passed the half way mark of this 40 day Lenten journey.

I invited you to journey with me praying Psalm 139:23 and 24 each day of Lent.

It was a scary invitation to take up.What would God reveal to me as he searched? What grievous ways might surface? Mirrors often reveal that which we don't wish to see.

By praying these verses, it was an invitation for God to hold his mirror up to my life, to allow me to see what he sees.

He knew I was scared.

So God being God loved me in the way I understood, in the way I needed to hear.

He whispered these words, Sue, I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. Ah, a breath of relief. My journal is expanding as I hear this Lent; God is gently dealing. I'm discovering a new rest, a rest for my soul.

It isn't too late. Will you join me and a few others as we journey the last half of Lent?

Because of my invitation I met Kris through Christie. (New friends are gifts from God.) Kris forwarded this
2 1/2 minute youtube video to me. Please take a minute to watch.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" Psalm 139:23, 24 ESV



No comments:

Post a Comment