Thursday, April 10, 2014

Despair, Hope, Trust

 The rain
          sliding down the glass
          pictures the tears escaping my eyes.

                 The hard of life overwhelming.
                 The ways of God mysterious.
                 The beauty of days fading.
                 The questions of my heart proliferating.
                 The fears of my mind reality.
                 The gray of the sky all-encompassing.

Despair

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13 NASV

Hope

"Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." Psalm 42:5b ESV

I sense the edges of my mouth turning,
           the beat of my heart quieting.

Remembering, reminding, reviewing,
Believing, clinging,
Challenging the despair,
Daring to hope,
Trusting The One.       
Amen
October 15, 2013
Peoria, Illinois

Praying for you, my friend.

                   


No comments:

Post a Comment