Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ezra's Surgery Updates - 4

From Aubrey ...

Just a quick update: we appreciate all the prayers. Ezra did fine during surgery. Unfortunately, instead of finding a focal lesion that could be removed (which would likely have cured him), the biopsies done showed that he has the diffuse form of hyperinsulinism. They didn't remove any pancreas, but instead placed a g-tube. The plan going forward will be some combination of medications and sugar water through his tube. Jeff and I are pretty bummed, as we had hoped for a cure. But we are thankful he did well during surgery, and trust God's plan for our sweet Ezra.

Trust God's plan for our sweet Ezra. 

As I prayed this morning I wandered over to Psalm 91; verse 14 clamored for my attention ...

Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.

The commentary teaches that holding fast to me (God) in love is the ideal of what trust looks like.

I often pray, God, what would it look like to trust you today? I prayed that this morning. When I read the words of Psalm 91, I felt I received God's answer, holding fast to him.

The outcome of Ezra's surgery forced a decision, would I trust, would I hold fast to Him? 

I don't get it, but
I cannot close my heart to thee!

Ezra in the pre-op earlier today. I want to follow his lead.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment