Thursday, July 30, 2015

Embracing Dormancy

Winter Aspen
I penned this poem in February as I looked from my bedroom chair to the tall winter Aspen thriving by our deck.

http://suesgracechoes.blogspot.com/2015/02/a-winter-aspen.html

Thriving - was that an appropriate February word? Bare and brownish-grey it was living its annual season of dormancy; it was winter-thriving. Growth and development seemed lacking, but its energy was being conserved for the beauty of the summer and fall tree it was becoming.

A few weeks ago, I paused over John 4:6 and following,

... so Jesus, wearied as he was from his journey, 
was sitting beside the well.

Summer Aspen
Jesus was weary - he sat down.
Jesus was thirsty - he asked for a drink.
Jesus was alert - to the needs of others.

August is the annual month of dormancy for Echoes of Grace

This writer is a bit weary from the journey of the past year.
She is thirsty and asking for a bit of rest, renewal, and rejuvenation. 
And truly, even during August, our month at our sanctuary, I hope to be alert to needs. 

Like our Aspen tree, I need a season of dormancy.

Echoes of Grace will return Thursday, September 3.

And my God will supply every need of your according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Can you see our Sanctuary?

No comments:

Post a Comment