Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ezra's Surgery Updates - 3

When each of Jeff and Aubrey's children were born, they chose a hymn for them that they often sing to them as they put them to bed. For Ezra it is O Love That Will Not Let Me Go.

Can you read the words to the third verse?

O joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee. 
I trace the rainbow through the rain, 
and feel the promise is not vain,
that morn shall tearless be.

There is GOOD news and there is DISAPPOINTING news.

The leison was not focal; it was diffuse, the disease scattered across his pancreas.
So the two plans we entered surgery with,  a resection or the roux-en-y were not appropriate means of treatment.

The doctor inserted a g-tube through his abdomen and they can treat him with sugar water and medication.

Bottom line, this is not a cure. However, his recovery will be much quicker.

As you can imagine, there are lots of questions.

I cannot close my heart to thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment