Monday, July 2, 2012

Firestorm of Epic Proportions

My prayers need to change. Several of our friends know they lost their homes; their stuff; their memories. The pictures are horrific. In the midst, my friends are becoming more of my heroes everyday as I watch them walk through this horror. None lost their lives; none lost their hope.

Father, I pray today for my dear friends who lost their homes and so much more in the Waldo Canyon Fire.

*I pray they would allow themselves to be; to grieve; to feel.
*I pray they would know what else is true and they would listen to Truth.
*Father, thank you that …
            Your care has not stopped.
            Your provision has not ceased.
            Your character has not changed.
            Your love remains consistent.
            Your mission is still clear and compelling.
*Father, thank you for so many in our town who are scrambling to help. Please help them to know how to love well; how to connect appropriately.
*I pray that You will provide for the physical, spiritual, emotional  needs of our friends.
*I pray that You will provide the abundance of wisdom they need to know what to do next.
*Father, we who have not been so directly touched by the fire need wisdom too. We want to help; we want to show our care and concern. Please lead us in the path of righteousness in this situation.  Amen.

A thought that God brought over the weekend,
Sometimes walking away is the best way to draw near.
Give space.

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end.”
Lamentations 3:22


No comments:

Post a Comment