Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fire

I opened my journal this morning to find this Scripture printed at the top of the blank page—inviting me to listen,
“In the morning, OLord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation.” Psalm 5:3
Crises are not my best prayer times; my do-er nature kicks in instead. Through this verse God led me to list the things I want to be praying for today; prayer became easier:
* Protection of lives.
* For all our friends who have been evacuated and have no idea of the status of their home – God would you give them the peace that passes understanding; and would you protect their stuff.
* Please protect Glen Eyrie and Eagle Lake Camp from further incidences.
* Containment of the fire.
* Rain.
* Personally give us wisdom if we need to evacuate.
* What can I share that will lead others over the bridge of truth.
* The Lord’s name will be upheld and His purposes fulfilled.

As I perused Facebook later in the morning, I found the post and prayer of my good friend John Lynch.
“I can't describe how these last few days of watching these fires in Colorado have broken my heart. These are some of the most beautiful areas in the world. And in those areas are some of the most wonderful people I have ever known. And I am here and can do nothing. "Father, do that beautiful thing you do where you take the broken and the terrifying and nearly hopeless...and bring life and restore beauty and eventually reveal something even more incredible in the lives of those going through this. I know that is what you do. Bring sacredly good from these ashes my precious God. Glory to you, who loves these ones more than our collective care."

Thank you, John.

"... and wait in expectation." 
Psalm 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment