Saturday, October 1, 2011

Crust or Canvas

You see a crust; we see a canvas advertises California Pizza Kitchen. I love it. They desire to create pizza that not only pleases the palate but also the eyes. Their everyday work becomes their work of art. What a concept!

Last week my friend and I attend a tea; the setting is lovely; the speaker is too. Her topic is the many forms of beauty. Driving home I ask my friend, What did you hear? Without hesitating she responds, I need to get back to my home. My friend has a lovely home. It is her canvas, her work of art. Her response spurs my thinking. For my friend, homemaking – including housecleaning – is a pleasure; it energizes her; it satisfies her; it’s her desire; it’s her gift to others; it’s the artist in her; it’s a reflection of our creative God in her life; it shows. Gosh, a new thought, creating a beautiful home, or creating a pizza is a work or art, a reflection of God in our lives, a gift to others.

Later I receive an email from her … I was blessed (by the tea)  and continue to think about how I can make our surroundings beautiful...whether with flowers, a nicely set table, music, candles, or just an attitude adjustment!  Beauty takes on many forms, eh? My friend is right.

Although I too enjoy offering a beautiful home for my family and friends, housecleaning will never energize me. My canvas is different.

I love how personal and how creative God is! His beauty and creativity are displayed in so many ways.

“Love of Beauty is taste. The creation of Beauty is Art.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.”
Romans 1:19, 20








No comments:

Post a Comment