Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015, Words to Embrace

When reading another's writing and realizing I'm hearing from God, I HAVE to share.  Today Ann Voskamp, Robin Williams, and my friend Kara Tippetts speak wisdom you won't want to miss. They remind me to of my friend Sally Breedlove who asks, "Today may be your opportunity to choose to pursue rest in the midst of the battle you face. Can you take a break from all your trying; can you give thanks and celebrate the goodness of what is; can you allow the present to be imperfect? Will you let God--rather than fulfilling circumstances or a put-together heart--be the place you call home? I you do, the gate of rest will open to you." Choosing Rest, page 156.   AND, something else you won't want to miss is the retreat at Glen Eyrie on March 14 and 15, Sabbath-Living, The Pilgrimage. Sally is our main facilitator. For more info, contact me ... sue.tell@navigators.org.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get Ann's blog to come over correctly. Please click on her link at the left to read her words and the words she quotes from Robin Williams and Kara Tippetts.  As a bonus, Ann is also giving away a camera!               










"Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well! Psalm 90:12, MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment