Thursday, October 4, 2012

Be Loved

The beloved child of The Father, my primary identity; it rolls off my tongue so easily.
Have I ever stopped to ponder its truth?

I hear God, say it slowly my child. Wonder about it. Dissect it. Beeeeee-loved.

I sit; I soak; I ask—how does a child know love? My grands love the attention I shower on them; they love the care I give them; they love the invitations to be with me.

Kind of like me! Beeeee-loved. I think it’s …
·        to give myself permission to be who I am with all my needs..
·        to ask God to shower me with His attention, care, and invitation.
·        to realize it’s ok to say no.
·        to linger in the freedom of childlikeness.
·        to take time to experience its reality.

“And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God”.
Ephesians 3:17-19, The Message



No comments:

Post a Comment