Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Psalm for Ashlyn

A new GRANDchild on the way propels me to pray, what Scriptures should I trust God for with this little one?  Those prayers continue as I get to know them.

Last June during "Mana and Pop-pa Camp", 4 year old Ashlyn and I turned her bedroom into a Noah's Ark room. I was amazed by her creativity. She then memorized Genesis 6:8, "Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord" and turned it into a song to the tune of "Skip to my Lou". A few days later I heard her say, "I want to be a song-writer when I grow up".

Later in the summer during my time with God, He led me to Psalm 100 and I knew that that was one of the Scriptures I wanted to pray for Ashlyn. She turned 5 this week; her gift was Psalm 100 for Ashlyn, matted and framed in little girl style. My paraphrase written in 5 year old language ...

Make a joyful noise to God with your songs,
O Precious Ashlyn.
Serve God with gladness.
Come into His presence with your singing, Precious Ashlyn.
Know, Ashlyn, that the Lord, He is God.
        It is He who made you.  You are His!
You, Ashlyn, are His; the precious sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with your thank you prayers, Ashlyn.
        and His courts with your songs of praise.
Give thanks to Him, Ashlyn; bless His name.
For God is good;
        His love for you, Ashlyn, is always and forever
        and His faithfulness to all generations.
A Mana paraphrase
 October 17, 2012


"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord".  Psalm 40:3

No comments:

Post a Comment