Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Want to Meet for Coffee?

I love coffee shops – especially coffee shops that are re-makes of older homes. I love the atmosphere; I love sharing coffee with friends; I love reading with a mug of fresh brewed jo in my right hand; but most of all I love the aroma that exudes from the freshly brewed coffee.

My sister has said, I would never pay that much for a cup of coffee!  Perhaps if it was just a cup of coffee, I wouldn’t pay that much either. But I’m buying so much more! I’m paying for the atmosphere; I’m paying for the aroma; and most importantly I’m paying for a reminder: 

“But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance (some translations say “aroma”) of the knowledge of him everywhere.” II Corinthians 2:14

Coffee shops are places where I have listened to God.
Coffee shops are places where I have heard truth.
Coffee shops remind me that I am the aroma of Christ to a hurting world.

Give me a call; I’d love to meet for coffee. J  

“For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing,”
II Corinthians 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment