Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another Pothole

It happened again. I hate it. My teacher mentality classifies it as a pop-quiz – and I flunked – aGAIN. 

Several were gathered that afternoon to honor a friend.  Some (not me) were asked to offer verbal affirmations.  I was hurt; I felt slighted; my words were planned and ready.

I can just see you rolling your eyes; and hear you saying get over it; no big deal! 

But for me it was a BIG deal.  It was another opportunity for me to trust what God believes about me and I didn’t do it.

Henri Nouwen talks about falling off the side of the road.  His advice, get back on where you fell off and start walking. 

As I drove home I reviewed the afternoon as I fought back my tears. The whole scenario blew up like a balloon till I was suffocating in the front seat of my car. Just when I could bear it no longer, God’s word to me popped into my mind, “God not only loves you very much, but He has His hand on you for something special …”.  Parts of I Thessalonians 1 in the Message translation.

I repented; I relaxed; by God’s grace I got back on the road.

“ … the Lord is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.”
Psalm 92:15

No comments:

Post a Comment