Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Hand of God



 The Hand of God so evident
From the front
     so clearly seen this year.
Pondering particulars 
     often leads to tears.

Tears of joy and thankfulness
     for His presence in my days.
Tears of wonder and amazement
     for all His many creative ways.

Your hand, O God, protected
     in the midst of flames and smoke last June.
Your hand, O God brought comfort
     and kept from being consumed.

Your hand accompanied Your voice
     through the encouragements of friends.
Their words spoke truth and honor
     to this amazed and grateful one.

Your hand a guide for my hand
     as words tumbled from my pen.
Or drawn inside a sketch book,
     Your truth all new again.
From the back

Your hand orchestrated events
     that brought great joy to all.
We gathered, we celebrated, we worshipped.
     Before You in awe we fall.

To grasp Your hand, to hold on tight
     To walk with you today.
Father, that is my desire.
     Please continue to lead the way.

And on this day, Thanksgiving Day,
     I bow in wonder as I pray.
So thankful for your hand, O God
     that eased each moment that I trod. Amen


The Hand of God piece pictured, a gift from my dear friend Carolyn, inspired these words. Carolyn carried this Olive wood hand-carved piece crafted in Israel across the ocean to bless and lend perspective to us. Thank you, Carolyn. I’ve made it the anchor of our Thanksgiving table.

Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting.                                                                                                                                       Psalm 147:1

No comments:

Post a Comment