Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fully Convinced

Those two words stopped my quiet time. I almost cried. UGH!

Referring to Abraham, God used them to point his arrow at my heart. Abraham is about 100 years old, his wife Sarah far beyond child-bearing years. Despite the physical impossibilities, God promises him a son (Genesis 18:14).

I too am beyond child-bearing years--but not beyond faith-growing years. God has not promised me another child. He has promised me his love, his presence--and much more.

But I am not fully convinced. Sue, you'll never stop comparing? You are hopeless! The unhappy thoughts swirl in my mind.

Will I ever stop doubting?
What does growing spiritually look like for me?
Will my faith ever grow strong?
Will I ever be fully convinced?

Traveling from Romans 4 to Joshua 4, I heard God's voice. "Sue, I have done some pretty big things in your life too. You too have seen God hold back rushing waters on your behalf. Perhaps you, like the Israelites, should set up a 12 stone memorial."

The 12 stones representing the 12 tribes of Israel were a memory marker. My 12 Stone Memorial is a truth marker reminding me of the big truths God has spoken to me. Reviewing my stones returns the peace, the confidence, the joy, the conviction. Comparison melts. For today, I am fully convinced. (I will probably need to review these stones again before the week is out. I am so human.)

Pictured below is my 12 Stone Memorial.



From which scriptures would you build your stone memorial? What are the truths you need to remember?


"Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles,
and the judgments he uttered."
Psalm 105:5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment