Thursday, September 25, 2014

Today is a SIT day

Originally recorded in my journal last month, the truth of this poem was appropriate again this week.

For me, these simple words convey an important message, white space on my calendar is a very good, a very necessary thing.

Today is a SIT Day

A place to sit on the grounds of Glen Eyrie.

Today is a SIT day,
A day to be,
A day to listen,
A day to ponder.

Today is a SIT day,
A day without my Bible,
A day without my journal,
A day without other books.

Today is a SIT day,
A slow walk day,
An enjoy the delicate wild flowers day,
A feel the breeze on my face day.

 
 
Today is SIT day,
          A no errand day,       
     A no project day,
  A simple day.

Today is a SIT day,
A play day,
A Sabbath day,
An away from day.

Tomorrow is a Martha day,
A different gift from God day,
A unique, special day,
BUT
Today is a SIT day, a Mary day.
 
It was the autumn time four years ago, when I began to learn the need for sit days. I was invited to a weekend retreat with Sally Breedlove in North Carolina. Yes, a long trip from Colorado for a weekend, but an investment well spent. I came a bit skeptical, I left a different person. That weekend and reading Sally's book, Choosing Rest, have been transformational for me.

And I want you to have the opportunity to hear Sally for yourself. I am delighted to invite you to a Sabbath-Living weekend in March (springtime in the Rockies). It just might be life-changing for you as well.



"And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching."
Luke 10:39 (emphasis added)
"Jesus went up on the mountain and there he sat down with his disciples."
John 6:3 (emphasis added)

No comments:

Post a Comment