Thursday, March 17, 2011

Refiners Fire

I started this blog in September 2010.  My primary motive and heart’s desire was to minister to other women through the lessons God had taught me.  A second motive was to record for me how God had worked in my life.

What I’m learning ~ a-GAIN ~ is God’s plans are so much bigger than mine!  And I’m so thankful.  Here are some of the things I’m experiencing, and hopefully learning, as I blog:

  1. When I am vulnerable enough to put something in writing, God continues His deepening  work in my own life.  Hence, some of my posts are lesson 1, lesson 2, lesson 3 etc.  Sometimes my response to these new lessons on the same subject is Yikes, these were lessons I thought I had learned … note the past tense … and it’s a bit scary.  Other times I interpret God’s continuing work in my life as His love for me in action.  This second interpretation, I’m sure, is the more accurate one.  After all, it was God who said through Paul, “… To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you.” Paul also said, “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”  Philippians 3:1 and 1:6. 
  2. I’m continually amazed when I learn that someone is reading my blog.  How did they know about it?  And I’m also very thankful.  After all, that is my primary motive that I would minister to women.   
  3. I really do love hearing your responses.  I guess my insecurities lead me to want to know that my words are helping you.  I interpret silence as my post was not helpful.  But when I make hearing from you the measure of the helpfulness of the blog, the blog becomes about me, not ministering to you.  I’m working on this one.  Paul’s pure ministry heart is a challenge to me, “But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering … I rejoice.”  Philippians 2:17. 
  4. God is purifying my motives by using my own words to work in my life.  In my words, my desires are spelled out.  God gave me my desires and He wants them to honor Him.  I do too. 
  5. Finally, or dare I use that word, writing this blog has been an act of worship for me.  It is a recording of God’s work.  It is causing me to remember.  It leads me to wonder and ponder God and His goodness.  I am thankful. 

The Scripture I’ve been claiming for this blog is Colossians 1:25.  “… the church, of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you to make the word of God fully known”.    The italics are mine to highlight the key thoughts for me.  In other words, my prayer is that my life experiences and my words will incarnate The Word of God for you. 

“For it is God who works in you (and me), both to will and to work for his good pleasure.” 
Philippians 2:13


No comments:

Post a Comment