Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Mother's Heart

Mom and Me, May 2016


Views in Mom's neighborhood
 My Mother's Heart knows no age,
Inside she's still the same.
Her 96 years may show their ware,
But who she is does not change.
Mom loves her daughters, all 4 of us,
And wants the best for each.
She still wants to spoil; she still wants to treat,
Her strengths even stronger through the years.
As Mother's Day comes again this May,
I pause and ponder in wonder ...
My Mom is special.
My Mom is unique.
She lives who God created her to be.
So, Mom my prayer for you these days
is summed up in Moses's words ...
"May the LORD bless you
and protect you.
May the LORD smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the LORD show you his favor 
and give you his peace."
Numbers 6:24-26, NLT 


My personal favorite


Barbara, me, Sara, Mom, Penny

 

No comments:

Post a Comment